Burning Transparancy level into an Image

TJ Frame tjframe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 17:28:33 EDT 2005

Hi all,
 Anyone know how to "collapse" or "burn in" the alpha channel of an image
such that the image no longer has any transparency but looks like it did
when it still had the transparency?
 I'm making an app that manipulates graphics on top of an imported
background image and activating the blend of the background image reduces
speed greatly vs. having a non blended image underneath.
 Right now I'm kludging it by bringing the source image into an image
control, setting its blend level (either directly through the Alphadata or
the Blendlevel), then saving it as a jpeg and reimporting the image back
into Rev...
 I would be grateful if anyone has a more elegant solution by correctly
dipping into the Imagedata/Alphadata the first time
 Thanks,
 - TJ