Mac -> Win problems

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Tue Jul 26 14:02:46 EDT 2005

I've got an app (about 500kb) mostly finished in OSX, in DreamCard. I
just got access to the Win XP machine I use to test x-platform apps.
I have three problems, and I'd be grateful for suggestions. The first
two are (I'm guessing) known and not too hard, though I don't see
anything in the docs to cover them. The third one I suspect may be
hard enough to make me wish I hadn't started on this project.

PROBLEM 1: On WinXP, the cursor disappears whenever I mouse onto a
stack.

PROBLEM 2: in "answer" commands, the choices I specify are there, but
they're in reversed order.

PROBLEM 3: One interactive tutorial works like this: In Courier (for
the sake of monospaced alignment between lines) there's a line of
text, with a line of marks over it. The marks, in various
combinations at various times, are covered up by opaque, borderless
fields, which are hidden (revealing the mark below) in response to
mouse-clicks. But on WinXP, though the font is the same (Courier
New), the size is different! So the mark-hiding fields don't cover
their marks.

Charles Hartman