Rant Re Rev Documentation

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Jul 26 04:45:37 EDT 2005

Hi Jeanne,

I found the cookbook so useful... from Rev 2.0 to 2.2.1 :-( that I
included a cookbook search in my Resources Picker plugin lately
released.
So it's a kind of rebirth: if you have any cookbook, you can search
it with keywords within Rev 2.6 with RP and display example stacks :-)

Le 26 juil. 05 à 00:12, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto a écrit :

> I should also mention that in older versions of the docs, there was
> a "Cookbook" section (many of the items written by our own Jacque)
> with extended annotated examples of useful handlers, and linked to
> the dictionary via the See Also section. There weren't enough of
> these - fewer than a hundred, I think - but the plan was to grow
> them gradually until each dictionary word had a cookbook example or
> two where you could see how it was used. (It looks like the
> Cookbook was one of the things removed in the newer versions of the
> docs, though - don't want to have anyone wasting time digging for
> it. But you may be able to find it if you have an older version.) I
> agree that there need to be a lot more worked examples.

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62