[WARN] Inserting Any Plugin in the AltPluginToolbar

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Jul 25 18:38:17 EDT 2005

Ken-

Monday, July 25, 2005, 2:52:06 PM, you wrote:

KR> Sorry, Mark, but that is a weak argument, IMHO. It's not a private document
KR> if anyone can access it (which anyone can). And BTW, the purpose of the
KR> group is to help define the specification, which is necessary because it
KR> isn't fully solidified. If you don't want to help solidify the spec, then I
KR> guess you'll have to wait until it is made public.

Well, no. There's no point in pushing the ECMI as a standard which
developers should adopt as long as one has to join the working group
in order to even view the draft. I'm fine with waiting until it's
solidified before jumping in - that's why I'm deliberately *not*
joining the yahoo group. I realize I can join the club at any time -
that's not the issue. IMHO there's no point in evangelizing a
"standard" that's not publicly available. Mind you, I think the ECMI
is a good idea, things are just getting a bit cart-before-horsey here.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net