Praise: Rev Documentation to the rescue

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Mon Jul 25 14:59:37 EDT 2005

Tim,

I have also posted in the past about the Docs merits and shortfalls
and also suggested a wiki like you did.  A wiki would be great for
fleshing out the docs in depth.  The built-in docs are great if you
already know most stuff and just need a cheat sheet.  Like others
have said the problem is how to get over the hurdle when starting
out.  Tutorials are the best way, but they are also daunting when you
look at all the stuff.  The scripting conferences are making a good
backbone that could be used as the beginners tutorials for writing
programs.  However, one of the problems is that all these pieces need
to be updated as Rev is upgraded over time.  This can become daunting
for an IDE tutorial with UI changes.  The whole issue is simple to
conceptualize, and difficult to implement without strong leadership
and commitment.  I would be happy to participate in such projects,
but I don't have a clue how to get them started.

I could almost see a ransom-ware project to create a wiki for
Transcript.  I wonder how much RunRev would kick into the bucket to
make it happen?

Dennis