array info request (was: Re: Rant Re Rev Documentation)

Lynch, Jonathan bnz2 at cdc.gov
Mon Jul 25 13:40:39 EDT 2005

Custom properties and custom property sets should have 1-word names.

Somewhere in the docs it says otherwise, but having a space in the name
of a custom property caused me trouble at one point, which was fixed
when I made sure it just had a single-word name.

Another one that comes to mind is the repeat for each element control
structure...

The internal order in which keys are stored in a custom prop is not
sorted alphabetically - so, if you need to search in order, you might be
better off doing something like this:

Set the custompropertyset of me to "scheduledItems"
Put the customkeys of me into tKeys
Sort tKeys
Repeat for each line L in tKeys
  If the scheduleditems[L] of me contains "my search string" then
    Do whatever it needs to do
  End if
End repeat

There are other quirks as well, just don't recall them off the top of my
head.