Rant Re Rev Documentation

Stgoldberg at aol.com Stgoldberg at aol.com
Mon Jul 25 07:50:54 EDT 2005

Hi Sarah,
I appreciate your comment about different learning styles.   In my own case,
I prefer to read a manual cover to cover to gain a more complete
understanding.   While I have started to use Revolution quite a lot, and am more impressed
with it every day, I don't think I would be using it had I not already had
some experience with Hypercard.   For some people, myself included, it is just
not sufficient trying to learn initially from scattered comments in a forum or
in tutorial stacks, as excellent as they might be; there needs to be a much
more linear pathway for the initial learning experience. For HyperCard, reading
Danny Goodman's book was the way for me. One of the frustrations I have with
Revolution, for instance, is that I have still not seen an adequate overview of
the features of the Property Inspector.   This is such a basic part of
Revolution that one would think this would be a primary focus of attention in the
documentation.
Steve Goldberg