Rant Re Rev Documentation

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Mon Jul 25 01:33:16 EDT 2005

Thomas,

But, indeed, when other 'birds of a feather' stay silent, the 'powers that
be' are likely to be (justifiably) convinced that there is no such need
because there was no public conment.

This is why I do not mind looking like the community nay-sayer, unhappy
camper, unfavorable term for a female dog, etc.

I only wish I had a dollar US$ for every person who told me personally or
privately per email that they agreed with what I said.  Number 1: I'd be
rich and could retire.  Number 2:  I'd be able to afford to direct my
minions otherwise ;-)

Some people are afraid of 'looking stupid' (I clearly have no such
hang-ups) and so they say nothing.

But, for every person who says nothing and stays on-list, how many others
have we lost?  for no reason?

What you say, Thomas, below, is what I have just sent off in a related
post to this list, namely, that for some people, we need
compartmentalized, working, examples/tutorials/widgets ala what people
want/expect to be able to do that will hopefully make this product succeed
among the newbie/novice/inventive user category.

Thanks for responding!!!

Judy