How do I edit a bg image?

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Sun Jul 24 10:05:49 EDT 2005

Hey Tim,

There are no bg images in REV. All images are just images!?! You can
however treat an image as a bg group and have it show up on all newly
created cards or you can use "place" to place the bg group on an
existing card, in effect this acts similar to HC then but with more
power. If your HC project has a lot of the same images on each card and
they were converted to a single image on each card in REV then it would
be worth your time to delete the extras except the first card and group
that image and place on each card/auto place on new cards. This way if
you edit the one image it will show up on all cards.

Now, to edit your images (all images) select the image and in the
properties panel for the image there is a pencil button that will open
the image in your chosen image editor (if you have not chosen one a
dialog will open asking you to pick one - Photoshop in my case).

Then the image will open in your chosen editor and when you are done
you will close/save the image in the editor and go back to REV and hit
update and there you have it - image edited.

This works on linked (files on your HD) images in REV and also images
that only exist in REV with no external file.

HTH

Tom McGrath

On Jul 23, 2005, at 10:59 PM, Timothy Miller wrote:

> Howdy, y'all,
>
> Because my Rev stacks are HC imports, all the bitmapped text and
> graphics from each HC background became a single background image in
> Rev. (Unless I misunderstood something, which is quite possible.) I
> know how to identify the images, make them visible and invisible,
> change their locations, and so on, but I'd like to edit some of them.
> How do I do that?
>
> As usual, I searched the docs, but couldn't find anything. If the
> information is in there, it's hard to find.
>

> Thanks in advance,
>

> Tim

Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.9, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
2.6

Advanced Media Group
Eagle Works Art & Sculpture
Semantic Compaction Systems