blocking button hilite

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sat Jul 23 09:34:41 EDT 2005

Hi Charles,

All questions always make sense.
Some answers no :-)

Le 23 juil. 05 à 15:19, Charles Hartman a écrit :

> Is there a way to prevent a button from being hilited when clicked?
> I want to put hilite under script control, but the toggling of
> hilite happens before the mouseUp handler is entered.

Have a look at the autoHilite property and set it to false (there is
a checkbox in the property inspector).
Then script mouseDown, mouseUp and mouseRelease handlers according to
you needs.

> Also, more or less the same question about the "visited" property.
> I can set it false for all buttons in an openCard handler -- but as
> soon as one is clicked, before its mouseUp handler is called, the
> button's "visited" is already set to true.
> So how can I tell within a button's mouseUp handler whether it's
> been clicked before? (If it has been, I want to prevent the hilite
> from toggling back and forth, and also prevent a "tasks to do"
> counter from being decremented.)

Normal behaviour:

on mouseDown > visited = false (or true)
on mouseUp > visited = true

So check the visited property on mouseDown and set a flag to act
within the mouseUp handler:

local lVisitedFlag
---------------------------
on mouseDown