Indexing mail list messages

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 08:55:42 EDT 2005

on Fri, 22 Jul 2005
Dave Cragg wrote:

> Just one small observation:
> >   repeat for each line w in fileContent
> >     add 1 to mylinecount
> >     repeat for each word z in w
> >       put mylinecount & comma after wordCount[z]
> >     end repeat
> >   end repeat
> z will include any puntuation attached to words, so
> "script","script,", "script?", etc. will be indexed
> separately.
> (Unless I missed the point where you accounted for
> this.)

You are right. This first version handler
will include words with any punctuation attached.
This is wrong. :-(

i'm working to apply the advices that alex and brian
generously provide last night.
When i have a complete handler that implements
all their recomendations, i'll post the results.

Did you have a regex that could handle these
words with punctuation?

Thanks in advance.

al

Visit my site: