Printing only selected pages

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 02:59:53 EDT 2005

--- Sarah Reichelt <sarahr at genesearch.com.au> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I ran into a problem today, that I am surprised not
> to have
> encountered before. I use revPrintField to print a
> multi-page
> document and usually I print it to a PDF and then
> print selected
> pages if needed. Today I tried printing directly
> from Revolution
> (this is just a stack that runs from the IDE) and
> despite selecting
> page 1 to 1 in the print dialog, it tried to print
> all the pages.
>
> I guess I have a couple of questions:
> - does this happen to everyone, in which case I'll
> bugzilla it?
> - is there a workaround?
>
> TIA,
> Sarah

Hi Sarah,

The revPrintField and revPrintText commands are not
designed to handle this. You could hack these
yourself, but unfortunately, the engine does not give
us a way to determine which pages the user wanted to
print.
I noticed that SuperCard 4.5 has a new 'printRange'
property. Naturally, I'm one of the people who hope
that this will be added to Revolution soon.

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam - Tools for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====