Screen Postion???

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Thu Jul 21 22:49:38 EDT 2005

set the loc of stack (item i of "partners, aboutUs, location, contact")
to tCurLoc

or better yet

put item i of "partners, aboutUs, location, contact" into tmystack
set the loc of stack tmystack to tcurLoc

unless of course the tCurLoc does not have full coordinates in it???

Tom McGrath

On Jul 21, 2005, at 1:48 PM, Ban Nguyen wrote:

> I am trying to use this code and I give me an error:
>
>      	executing at 10:45:16 AM
> Type	Chunk: can't find stack
> Object	main
> Line	set the loc of stack item i of "partners, aboutUs, location,
> contact" to tCurLoc
> Hint	stack "main.rev"
>

> -------------------------------------
> You could try to set the position of your stacks relative to the
> screenRect value in a preOpenStack handler in your main stack.
> For instance:
>
> on preOpenStack
>    local tCurLoc
>    -----
>    put the screenLoc into tCurLoc
>    set the loc of this stack to tCurLoc
>    repeat with i = 1 to 5
>      add x to item 1 of tCurLoc -- horizontal co-ordinate
>      add y to item 2 of tCurLoc -- vertical co-ordinate
>      set the loc of stack  item i of  "MySubstack1, MySubstack2, etc"
> to tCurLoc
>    end repeat
> end preOpenStack
>
> Such a handler will present the main stack centred on- screen and the
> others in cascade according to x and y values.
> Of course, you can change all that to suit your needs (working for
> instance with the screenRect too).
> It's just to get you the idea.

>> I am creating an application which has one main stack and 5
>> substacks. I
>> lock the size and location using property inspector BUT when I view
>> the
>> application on different computers with different screen setting
>> those 5
>> substacks are displayed in different locations
>>
>> The problem is I don't know how to set the location for those 5
>> substacks so they are displayed in the right position that I set so I
>> don't have to worry about other users' computer screen setting.
>
> -
> -

Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.9, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
2.6

Advanced Media Group
Eagle Works Art & Sculpture
Semantic Compaction Systems