HTMLtext problem

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu Jul 21 12:16:44 EDT 2005

Hi Charles,

Your html is good html :-)
Make a stack with 2 fields.
Type (or paste) the text you desire in the first one. Change fonts,
colours, styles as usual using the Text menu.
Add a button the script of which will be:

on mouseUp
   put the htmlText of fld 1 into fld 2
end mouseUp

If you are too lazy ;-) or desire a more sophisticated tool, you
might be interested by Encoded Text Picker, a complete translator you
will find on my web site (Revolution plugins section).

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 21 juil. 05 à 02:50, charles.silverman at mac.com a écrit :

> I need to get an accurate record of the text styles within a field
> but htmlText doesn't seem to report everything.
>
> If "This is a test" is entered into a field without any changes, I
> get...

> Font, size, style and color information is not reported.
>

> It seems that I have to change the font, size, color and style of
> some selected text within the field to something other than the
> default settings to get the additional style information. For
> example, once I've made these changes, the following now gets
> reported:

> Is there a simpler way to get this to happen?

So Smart Software

Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62
Mobile        33 (0)6 20 74 50 86