PC/x-platform development (was Re: embed/install font)

Brad Borch brad at activadesign.com
Thu Jul 21 11:44:20 EDT 2005

 >> 2) As the development platform depends on the player, would it be
 >> possible to create a limited development stack that would basically
 >> allow the testing of commands (like you list below) that would be
 >> interpreted by the player?

> Yes - just build a Windows standalone from the Mac version of Rev Studio and
> test it under Windows.

I know I can build an executable. What I was thinking was an executable
that worked something like the message window, where I could write in
commands and the stack would execute it, using the "do" command.
Otherwise, how can I try the solution Trevor DeVore suggested:

> create stack "MyStack"
> set the destroyWindow of stack "MyStack" to true
> set the externals of stack "MyStack" to "EnhancedWin.dll"
> close stack "MyStack"
> go stack "MyStack"
> put the externalPackages of stack "MyStack"

I can't do that outside the development platform, can I?