Question for Linux Users:

Damien Girard dam-pro.girard at laposte.net
Thu Jul 21 03:45:26 EDT 2005

Le Jeudi 21 juillet 2005 à 11:28 +1000, Rishi Viner a écrit :
> Linux users,
>
> What distro do you find works best with Rev?
>
> Do you find it works better with a KDE or GNOME desktop?
>
> I'm getting a lot of annoying things happening like:
> -cut/copy/paste just doesn't work
> -keyboard interaction in Rev is sometimes flaky (eg sometimes when writing
> scripts the enter key stops working, so you can't get a new line).
>
> So I was wondering if there are Linux users out there who are having a
> perfect/smooth/functional experience with Rev and if so, what environment
> they are in that seems to keep it all nice.
>
> Thanks!

There are problems with all distro, (I have tried with
Debian,RedHat,Mandrake,Suse).

And Runrev work better with the Gnome Desktop (but is it not very good).
I have tried with XFCE and runrev work a bit better than Gnome.

Please, go to http://support.runrev.com/bugzilla (or use RevZilla) and
confirm bugs that I have reported about the Linux engine.

And I have never had a perfect/smooth/functional experience with Rev
under Linux/Unix. (I have got FreeBSD now, and Runrev doesn't work at
all).

So, I am waiting the perfect "Revolution Linux/Unix" who work so good as
work Runrev under MacOS X.

Damien Girard