embed/install font

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Jul 20 17:18:09 EDT 2005

On Jul 20, 2005, at 8:35 AM, Brad Borch wrote:

> Yes--my first post that began this thread references an earlier
> thread "Own fontsuite with standalone?" I tried the EXT external,
> but was unable to get the the PC executable to return any external
> commands:
>
> set the externals of this stack to gStackPath & "/EXT.dll"
>   put the externalCommands of this stack into fld "fontTest2"
>   put the externals of this stack into fld "thisTest"
>   ext_loadFont (gStackPath & "/VeraMoBI.ttf")
>
> But I'm not proficient enough at Transcript yet to know where the
> problem lies.

If you set the externals property of a stack while the stack is open
then you need to do one of two things to load the external:

1) Set the destroyWindow property of the stack to true.  Close the
stack window and open it again.

2) Remove the stack from memory.  Open it again.

Here is a snippet of code that will create a new stack, set the
externals property and load the exteranl.  You can run this in the
multiline message box:

create stack "MyStack"
set the destroyWindow of stack "MyStack" to true
set the externals of stack "MyStack" to "EnhancedWin.dll"
close stack "MyStack"
go stack "MyStack"
put the externalPackages of stack "MyStack"

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com