Invisible insertion point in field

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Wed Jul 20 13:59:58 EDT 2005

>I've seen rare cases of images becoming corrupted, but never a field.
>  Richard Gaskin

This has happened to me several times -- usually the problem is the
insertion point missing or I am unable to enter or change text in the
field.

I've been experimenting with some "object creation from text"
routines, where I get all the properties of an object, arrange as
tabbed/return text (with adjustments for the imbedded returns in some
of the data), store the description info in a custom property, then
recreate the object anew with the CREATE command, turn the property
into an array, and finally apply the array to the new object. I have
not extended this into groups yet, but seems not to hard to do.

I guess that could be fashioned into a 'biofilter' for errant objects.

I wonder what a corrupted component would do to such a grinder? I
guess I'd trap the errors and find a way to filter the garbage. A
utility for a rainy day.

This is very similar to the way object properties were handled in the
great product "Windowscript" (another legendary Heizer product (I
bought all their goodies).

sqb