Invisible insertion point in field

Lynch, Jonathan bnz2 at cdc.gov
Wed Jul 20 13:05:33 EDT 2005

Well - I just had a field do the strangest thing...

I have a button that inserts a link that opens up whatever document you
link it to.

After it inserts that link, which is a wing-dings character, it then
resets the font information in the selection just after the character to
be what it was before the document link was inserted.

For some reason, on this field, it kept using the wingdings font after I
inserted the document link - I have no idea why. In all other fields, it
worked like it was supposed to. When I compared properties in the
property inspector for this field, and for a working field, I could not
find any differences.

Recreating the field took care of the problem, however.

I have also had a field keep my cursor invisible, and recreating that
field got rid of that problem as well.

I cannot be sure there wasn't some property setting that I was not
getting right in either case - just that I could not find such a
setting.