embed/install font

Brad Borch brad at activadesign.com
Wed Jul 20 10:35:21 EDT 2005

Yes--my first post that began this thread references an earlier thread
"Own fontsuite with standalone?" I tried the EXT external, but was
unable to get the the PC executable to return any external commands:

set the externals of this stack to gStackPath & "/EXT.dll"
   put the externalCommands of this stack into fld "fontTest2"
   put the externals of this stack into fld "thisTest"
   ext_loadFont (gStackPath & "/VeraMoBI.ttf")

But I'm not proficient enough at Transcript yet to know where the
problem lies.

It appears from thist thread that this is a pretty significant feature
request. I opted to use Rev because of its handling of Unicode; Flash
handles Unicode and also embeds fonts. I felt Rev had other significant
strengths, but it sure would be nice to have this problem solved.