MatchText and PCRE

David Wilkinson dwilk at globalnet.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 10:34:31 EDT 2005

David

Just a couple of points since Mark has already answered very well

Frederic Rinaldi's plugin in the rev development/plugin menu is
invaluble for testing Rev's regex implementation and porting syntax,
if you haven't discovered it

Like Mark, I had difficulties with the (?s) switch, though I
concluded that this was to do with the greediness of the regex engine
and my ignorance.   I resorted to using repeat for each line since I
could not get lookbehind to work.

I would also recommend Jeffrey Friedl's illuminating book, though
probably not reading it as I did during a  couple of sleepless nights
with a dental abscess.  It is not a recipe book, but then I suspect
that you already have a good understanding of regex.

David Wilkinson