Invisible insertion point in field

David Wilkinson dwilk at globalnet.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 09:48:27 EDT 2005

I imagine there is an obvious answer to this but I cannot figure it
out.

I have uploaded an experimental table field stack to my user space
(user227), which uses work by and ideas from Chipp Walters, Sarah
Reichelt and Scott Rossi.  It has an edit field that sits on top
of a  worksheet/grid field. The problem is that although you can
enter text in the edit field, the insertion point is invisible. Does
anyone know why this might be?  One possible clue is that in order to
drag the field with the left mouse button, the field has to be locked
when the mouse enters its border zone and the insertion point does
not show in lockedtext fields - but then you can't enter text in such
field either.

As a side question, is there any reason why Rev should set the
vscroll of this field to 4?  I cannot recall any code that scrolls it
directly and notionally the textheight and textsize are the same as
the underlying field.  I suspect this might be tied to the vertical
offset from which text entered into fields, with hgrid enabled, seems
to suffer.

TIA

David Wilkinson