a maze-game stack?

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Tue Jul 19 17:45:27 EDT 2005

Hi Nicolas,

 >(oh! how I wish "arcadeEngine" had come out
 >just a couple of weeks earlier!)

I had a hard time keeping me from posting that there´ll be something to
help soon. :-)

 >As for the maze itelf, the only options I
 >see are to "draw" the maze either with
 >(a) a graphics application and then import
 >it to the stack, or (b) RunRev's "create"
 >command. I'd prefer option (b), since it'd
 >allow a new maze to be created for each
 >new game.

Perfectly doable within Rev. You have many options there. You could
make up the maze either from graphic objects or draw a few wall pieces
in a graphics editor, import them and make up a map from buttons using
the pieces as an icon. How would you like to create the maze? Randomly
(a bit hard) or from a set of template mazes?

 >And as for the "bumped" algorithm, I'm
 >hoping arcadeEngine's "collision" function
 >will make things relatively simple.

A perfect job for ArcadeEngine.

If you need any assistance creating the game, we could discuss this in
the ArcadeEngine Forum

http://www.derbrill.com/arcadeengine/forum

or on list if the others do not mind.

Cheers,