How do I get the resolution of an image accessed by a Player?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Mon Jul 18 10:24:21 EDT 2005

Hi David,

> Hi,
>
> I just need to display the current resolution with in the image (e.g
> the TIFF property), I am not going to change the DPI or use it to
> scale an image, it's just that we have the same images but with
> different resolutions and displaying the DPI of the underlying file
> is the best way to tell the difference.

i don't think that you can check the resolution with Rev's build in
capabilities.

Like most (non image edititing) apps, Rev is only aware of 72 DPI and
does
not know about "resolution" per se... Rev will always display images
at 72 DPI!

You could use Alex Tweedley's nice "EXIF Lib" (via Rev online, i
think) or use Applescript
& "Image Events" on a mac to retrieve image resolution (and more...)

> Thanks a lot
> Dave

Regards

Klaus Major