embed/install font

Brad Borch brad at activadesign.com
Mon Jul 18 09:53:37 EDT 2005

I'm creating a presentation and I need to be sure the user has access to
a Unicode font. I'd like to standardize on Bitstream's Vera font, which
is free and very good.

1) Is there any way to access the font dynamically without installing it
on the user's system? A while ago there was a thread "Own fontsuite with
standalone?" Several authors referenced the EXT.dll as a way to
dynamically access fonts on the PC. How is this done? Has anyone
successfully employed this technique?

2) If I can't access it dynamically, how do I install it? I purchased
InstallGadget, but that currently doesn't update the Windows registry
upon installation.

Any ideas on how to address this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Brad