screen position

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sun Jul 17 15:38:58 EDT 2005

Hi Paul,

There are many ways.
Have a look at the geometry features.

 From the Doc's FAQs brought to you by Resources Picker (keyword:
geometry, section: FAQs):

1. How do I pin an object to a window edge during window resizing?

You use the Geometry pane in an object's property inspector to keep
the object a specified distance from one of the window's edges. In
the object's property inspector, choose "Geometry" from the menu at
the top, then follow these steps:

1. Click the "Position selected object" option. In the Geometry pane,
you see a picture of a window, with a rectangle representing the
object in the middle.

2. Click the gray bar leading from the object to the right or bottom
edge of the window (or both), to turn the gray bar red.

When you resize the window, the object moves automatically to keep
the same distance from the window edge.

----------------

2. How do I automatically adjust objects when a window is resized?

You use the Geometry pane of an object's property inspector to
automatically adjust the size and position of the object when the
user resizes a window.

To automatically adjust object layout, open the object's property
inspector and choose "Geometry" from the menu at the top. You can
either move or reposition the object automatically.

   Tip:  If you want to perform custom adjustments that are too
complex for the Geometry pane, create a resizeStack handler in the
card or stack script, and write statements to properly move the
objects. The resizeStack message is sent to the current card whenever
a stack window is resized.

----------------

For all these kinds of questions, you could be interested too by my
tutorial about resizing.
Rev On line - user: So Smart Software or my website.

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 17 juil. 05 à 23:12, Paul Salyers a écrit :

> I like to know how to keep my fields in the same locations of the
> screen proportional.
>
> EX:
>
> 1024 X 768 -Screen
>
> [My Field] will stay centered on 800 X 600 screen.

So Smart Software

Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62
Mobile        33 (0)6 20 74 50 86