imageSource images don't refresh if binfile type?

Jerry Daniels jerry at daniels-mara.com
Sat Jul 16 14:44:52 EDT 2005

Scott, thanks for these ideas. They are all a bit more drastic than I
had hoped, but desperation being what it is, I tried them all...

> - Did you try setting the imageSource to an alternate (bogus)
> image/filename, and then setting back to the desired file?

This one worked! There is evidently a cache somewhere for these images
that are used as imagesource from a file location. This cleared the
cache!

> - Maybe you could try a "go-between" image in the stack.  Set the
> filename
> of the go-between, set the imageSource of the field item to the id of
> the
> internal go-between, then set the imageSource back to the external file
> reference.
This one did NOT work, altho I tried it first for performance reasons.

> - Heinous Workaround: use go-between images for *all* images used in
> the
> field, set filenames of go-betweens appropriately, set imageSource
> references to Ids of go-between images.  Requires a bit of overhead, I
> know,
> but if nothing else works...
I am not doing this very solution, but am integrating the global nature
of it. I'm setting the imageSource of all target chars to a bogus image
file name and then setting them back to the real ones.

Thanks!

Jerry