ZMODEM protocol support in Rev

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Fri Jul 15 17:57:39 EDT 2005

On Jul 15, 2005, at 6:39 PM, Glen Bojsza wrote:

> Happy Friday.
>
> Has anyone worked with ZMODEM protocol in Rev? I need to upload and
> download files from a telco blackbox that I am connected to via a
> telnet session.
>
> The "box's" command that I want to support is:
>

>> copy masterfile-conf zmodem:

well, don't really needed the answer for my previous email. I think
the fastest way to use ZModem with Rev is using the same tecnique
used by BBS back in the good old days. Use a shell program.

If you're lucky to be on windows (argh, never thought I'd say that),
you have tons of command line tools to do Z/X/YModem and Kermit. You
would just use shell() to launch the program, that was the way that
old BBS coped with file transfers. Altough some have builtin X and
Zmodem.

if you're on unixland you also have some tools available.

The wonderfull BBS Documentary site got all those tools for download...

Cheers
andre