Follow Up Newbie Question

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jul 14 21:47:01 EDT 2005

On 7/14/05 7:28 PM, Hamburger1 at aol.com wrote:

> First, thanks for the many responses to my question this morning. Taking the
> advice of several of you I opened the only card of the only revolution stack I
> have so far with
>
> on preOpenStack
>      start using this stack
> end preOpenStack
>
> It seemed like the thing to do, but it didn't read the custom handlers and
> functions I had in the stack script.

Did you close and then reopen the stack? That is the only time a
preOpenStack message would be sent.

> For example I have an idle handler that constantly updates the time in one of
> the fields on the card. The time doesn't change. Maybe the idle handler isn't
> the way to do that.

In HyperCard it was the only way, and you can do it the same way in Rev,
but it isn't the best way. A replacement example for idle is in my
HyperCard to Revolution tutorial here:

<http://www.hyperactivesw.com/mctutorial/rrtutorialtoc.html>

In particular, the section near the end on "Timed events - Using 'send
to' instead of idle". You may want to read some of the earlier stuff in
the tutorial a bit to see what the example is refering to.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com