on the topic of eMails (was Re: 1st time Revolution user question)

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Jul 14 17:29:27 EDT 2005

Andre Garzia wrote:

> Okay, not only apple is moving to intel but now they are breaking
> compatibility... ;-)
>
> On panther apple mail app used mbox.... do you know something about
> the new format?

I read somewhere (probably this list, since I don't read any Apple ones)
that they had changed from mbox to something else in order to make
spotlight more useful in mail searches - so presumably it's one message
per file, or something like that.

It looks as though it may be still mbox format - but with a separate
file per message. So for the purposes of reading mail from Rev, not much
difference - sorry for the false alarm.  (nb - I don't *know* that but
Google found a couple of blog pages that suggest it is now one
mbox-format file per message, and it sounds likely).