Scrollbars in Rev

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Thu Jul 14 12:55:08 EDT 2005

  Hi Mark,

> Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:51:01 -0700
> From: Mark Swindell <mdswindell at charter.net>
> Subject: Re: Scrollbars in Rev

> Right on.  So if Unsanity can do it, so can Rev, right? But just for
> sliders and scrollbars.  These, when not a part of a window theme,
> shouldn't have to be bound by the system look and feel.

I tried to explain: What ShapeShifter does is not the same thing as you
are talking about.
Please understand, we're talking about _system controls_ here. Themes
affect these controls across the system. If you want customizable
themes for individual controls, the only practical way to do it would
be to build a non-system control, a hacked emulator, not the real
thing. If you want such a thing for each control, then you will have to
design a set of tools which can create emulators and alter their
appearance, for each type.

I have no doubt the MC/Rev engineers can do it; in fact, some of it
probably already exists, but you're asking them for a whole lot of code
to allow you to make such things, for each OS platform. And when you're
done, it still won't be a real system control.

HTH,
Ken N.