list with repeats spaced apart

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu Jul 14 05:48:35 EDT 2005

Hi Sims,

Quick and dirty but fast and working as expected ;-)

function ExpandedList pList
   local
tTotal,tLine,tSubTotal,tCurLineNo,tBestGap,tRawExpandedList,tExpandedLis
   -----
   set the itemDel to tab
   sort pList numeric descending by item 2 of each
   put 0 into tTotal
   -----
   repeat for each line tLine in pList
     add item -1 of tLine to tTotal
   end repeat
   -----
   repeat for each line tLine in pList
     put lineOffset(tLine,pList) into tCurLineNo
     put item -1 of tLine into tSubTotal
     put tTotal div tSubTotal into tBestGap
     -----
     repeat with i = 1 to tSubTotal
       if line tCurLineNo of tRawExpandedList = cr then
         put item 1 of tLine into line tCurLineNo of tRawExpandedList
       else put cr & item 1 of tLine after line tCurLineNo of
tRawExpandedList
       add tBestGap to tCurLineNo
     end repeat
   end repeat
   -----
   repeat for each line tLine in tRawExpandedList
     if ".mov" is in tLine then put tLine & cr after tExpandedList
   end repeat
   delete char -1 of tExpandedList
   -----
   return tExpandedList
end ExpandedList

Le 14 juil. 05 à 11:00, sims a écrit :

> I have a list of short movie files, the movies are to be played in
> rotation.
>
> Each movie followed by a tab and then a number. The number is the
> number of
> times it is to be placed (repeated) in the list (shown in a rotation).
>
> 0099ts2729bs.mov 5
> 0085ts1316bs.mov 1
> 0091ts0918bs.mov 2
> 0077ts0913bs.mov 1
> 0032ts2930bs.mov 3
> 0089ts2126bs.mov 1
> 0075ts0919bl.mov 1
> 0076ts0919br.mov 4
> 0001ts0313bs.mov 1
>

> The real list will probably be close to 100 different movies, I am
> using
> the list shown above as an example. Each movie will be played
> somewhere
> between 1 to 5 times in the rotation.
>
> Ideally I would like to have all repeated movies separated as much
> as possible
> so they do not play (repeat) too closely in the rotation. In other
> words it would
> be nice if repeated movies are spaced as far apart as possible.
>
> I need a script which will take such a list as shown above and then
> provide me with a rotation list as described.

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62