list with repeats spaced apart

sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Thu Jul 14 05:00:25 EDT 2005

I am stumped...argh.

I have a list of short movie files, the movies are to be played in rotation.

Each movie followed by a tab and then a number. The number is the number of
times it is to be placed (repeated) in the list (shown in a rotation).

0099ts2729bs.mov 5
0085ts1316bs.mov 1
0091ts0918bs.mov 2
0077ts0913bs.mov 1
0032ts2930bs.mov 3
0089ts2126bs.mov 1
0075ts0919bl.mov 1
0076ts0919br.mov 4
0001ts0313bs.mov 1

The real list will probably be close to 100 different movies, I am using
the list shown above as an example. Each movie will be played somewhere
between 1 to 5 times in the rotation.

Ideally I would like to have all repeated movies separated as much as possible
so they do not play (repeat) too closely in the rotation. In other
words it would
be nice if repeated movies are spaced as far apart as possible.

I need a script which will take such a list as shown above and then
provide me with a rotation list as described.

Any ideas on how to do this?

ciao & thanks,
sims