Buggy debugger -- solved?

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Tue Jul 12 18:45:11 EDT 2005

>Hi Tim,
>
>I made some tests in a "brand new" stack.
>Works perfectly here.
>Could be a specific issue in your stack?
>As usual, when you get a problem, try to isolate it in a new stack.
>There are so many parameters we often miss ;-)

Hi Eric,

Thanks very much for the extra effort.

I've gotten some back channel messages from Rev experts. Very nice
and generous people here. No one thinks it's a bug. Everyone thinks
there's something wrong with these stacks. Who am I to disagree?

If I started with a brand new stack and failed to replicate the
error, I would be no better off than I am now. Meanwhile, I've run
out of ideas about how to isolate the problem. I'm inclined to agree
with the experts anyway. Probably not a bug.

In any case, I can move any script I need to debug to the stack
script, temporarily or permanently. I don't even need to do that. I
can always debug with the answer command. It's slow, but it always
works. My main concern is that other odd behavior will eventually
cause new and more serious problems, if I don't find the problem and
solve it now.

I might try a new bare stack just out of curiosity, though. I'll let
the list know.

In the interim, can anyone think of some bg, stack or global
attribute that might need to be turned on or off?

I think I'm going to have to put my Rev consultant back on the
payroll to solve this one.

Cheers,

Tim