Serial communication in Tiger

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Tue Jul 12 13:43:09 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I just ran into a problem that perhaps I can use Rev to solve, but I
don't know if I can, or where to start looking, so perhaps one of you
can point me in the right direction.

I have a robotic glass cutting machine I built 12 years ago.  It uses
a serial communications port to initially program its internal
EPROM.  I used a Mac (since deceased) with a serial port and terminal
communication software to send two small files to program the machine
when I first built it.  Now the machine is acting up, and I have
replacement chips for it, but I have to program them.  I use a
Keyspan USB to Serial port device and driver which work with a serial
terminal app.  I can communicate with all the hardware, but I can't
control the app in the way I need to.

All I need to do is send a file one character at a time to the device
and wait for the echo before sending the next character --piece of cake.

Anyone know if I can use Rev to do this?

Thanks,
Dennis