different UI approach

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Jul 12 10:32:25 EDT 2005

On Jul 11, 2005, at 5:31 PM, Erik Hansen wrote:

> --- Chipp Walters <chipp at chipp.com> wrote:
>

>> My inclination is to agree with you, Dan,
>>

> agree with the agreement, but...
>
> it -felt- good.

Whoa. It drove me crazy! I hate an interface that tries to guess what
I want to do. A click is a quick, easy event to generate. Interfaces
that respond to mouse points feel like waving a loaded gun around
without quite knowing just when it will decide to fire.

If fact, I think I'll create an interface that eliminates mouse
pointing and only responds to clicks. Let's see... one click
activates the top rightmost button, two clicks pulls down the first
menu, two and a half clicks chooses menu item 1 of menu 1...

;-)

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University