play videoClip "nameOfVideo" does not work, Please help

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Jul 12 10:09:48 EDT 2005

On Jul 11, 2005, at 6:08 PM, Ban Nguyen wrote:

> I create a button name "play"
> I put this script on button:
> on mouseUp
>    play videoClip "MENTORS" at 100,100
> end mouseUp
>
> It did not work.  Please help me, thank you

Did you import the clip into the stack? If so, open the Application
Browser (Tools menu) and find the imported video clip. Make sure you
are using the correct name, including extension if any. Also, the
play command doesn't handle various types of compression well. (Klaus
Major is the expert in this area.) The QuickTime player object is
much better at playing compressed files, especially audio compression.)

If you did not import the clip, but are trying to play it as an
external file, you must specify the entire file path, like this:

     play videoClip "C:/My folder/My other folder/MENTORS.avi"

The exception to this is if you have set the defaultFolder property
to the folder that contains the video clip file.

Hope this helps.

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University