PLEASE HELP PLEASE HEP.........

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Jul 12 03:11:21 EDT 2005

Hi Ban and others who replied,

In a scrolling list field, line selection is automated at mouseDown
by the engine.
So one single line in both scripts is enough (without using global,
value function or anything else :-)

answer the hilitedText of fld "My scrolling list field" -- "of me" in
the field script if you prefer

If you allow me, one word on top of that about ergonomics: however is
the platform, guide lines say that selecting a line in a list just do
that and nothing else :-)

Le 11 juil. 05 à 21:08, Ban Nguyen a écrit :

> I have this code in the scrolling list field:
>
> global textOfClickedLine
> on mouseUp
>    select the clickLine
>    put the value of the clickLine into textOfClickedLine
>    answer textOfClickedLine
> end mouseUp
>
> It prints the value of the clickline correctly
>
> And then created a button on the same card
>
> And have this code for the button:
>
> on mouseUp
>     answer value(textOfClickedLine)
> end mouseUp
>
> but it prints out the whole text "textOfClickedLine" not the value.
> How
> can I get the value of the "textOfClickedLine" to print out

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62