Building a library with functions with callbacks

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Jul 11 18:08:58 EDT 2005

I'm sure I've done this before, but can't remember where, and can't
figure out how to do it again.
Sigh :-(      Another CRAFT day :-)

I want to build a library where some of the functions in it have
parameters which are callbacks;
   agtMyFunction pData, pCallBackMessage

the functions will return immediately, and later when the right
circumstances exist, the library will send pCallBackMessage to the
object which called the library.
(i.e. just like the callbacks on the socket library).

How do you find which object *called* the library ?  (not "target()" -
that's the object that originally received a message - if its script has
called a handler in, say, the card script and that calls the library,
then I need to find the card, not the original object)

Thanks