control and option keys not working on Tiger with 2.6?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon Jul 11 13:52:43 EDT 2005

Sarah:

That's a good clean simple test... and it fails here... All I get is
Up or Down regardless of what other keys are pressed.

I don't know if I have any front scripts loaded.. I don't think I
do... how does one wipe out front scripts

[time passes as he changes this script to put the response into a
field and then boot the stack  from a splash player standalone so the
IDE is not loaded]

.....nope, still not go... running from a Player with no IDE
loaded... I'm getting nothing...

something in my system? I better test in some other apps.. he quits
rev...opens mail.app.. .all option and cmd-option keys are working

open BBEdit... open doc... control key strokes are trapped and
implemented as expected..

mmm dunno now... my bluetooth keyboard is not interfering.. if I
unplug everything and reboot my machine and do it from the real
keyboard.. still not go... option key and control key not trapped by rev

sigh... this will be a tough one to sort out.

skts