false anti-alarm

Mark Schonewille europe at ehug.info
Mon Jul 11 04:52:18 EDT 2005

Charles,

Is the goal of your script to change the default font in text
fields, not only before but also after font and style tags?

The reason for inserting font tags in substacks may be that
substacks inherit all font and style information from the main
stack. If you change the font of the main stack and restore
htmltext that doesn't have a font tag, Rev inserts a font tag to
make sure that it looks the same as before. The solution
probably is inserting a font tag yourself before restoring the
htmltext.

I believe one should either use default font and style info of
objects or set the font and style info of text within those
objects explicitly, rather than trying to do both.

Best regards,

Mark

Charles Hartman wrote:
> In case anyone's interested, I've made a small 48k dummy to  demonstrate
> this problem, by taking everything out of my appo except  the scripts in
> question and a couple of example cards. Can't post it  here, with the
> 16k limit, but I'd be glad to send it to anyone who  wants to poke into
> a problem that I, for one, am about to give up on  -- it's too far
> inside Rev's guts for me to have any ideas left about  fixing or even
> working around it.
>
> coh
<script snip>

--

eHUG coordinator
mailto:europe at ehug.info
http://www.ehug.info
http://home.wanadoo.nl/mark.sch
http://www.economy-x-talk.com

Please inform me about vacancies in the field of
general economics at your institute. I am also looking
for new freelance programming projects.