What About Newbies

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sun Jul 10 00:05:39 EDT 2005

Hi Tom,

Welcome to this list.
Don't let you be intimated by those you call gurus: in a few months
(or a little bit longer :-), you can become one of them.
All advanced users on this list are kind people who *love* to answer
newbies (or not) questions.
Only a little advice: try to be the most precise you can be in your
requests (I know it's difficult when beginning) and avoid too large
scope questions which would request a book or two: posts on this list
are limited to 15 KB :-)

You have already got relevant answers from others.
I shall add you might be interested by:

. RevJournal at http://www.revjournal.com/tutorials/index.html where
you will find links and articles one of which, especially dedicated
to beginners, is an extensive explanation of "if/then/else"
conditional structure.
. My web-site (address below) where you will be able to download
Tutorials Picker: I have already released 17 tutorials stacks. Some
of them are a bit complicated for beginners but others will help you
to get started with many basic features.
. You could check also the following links:
http://dmoz.org/Computers/Programming/Languages/Transcript/
http://h.webring.com/hub?ring=runtimerevoluti1
which are good doors to Revolution sites.

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 10 juil. 05 à 04:05, Tom McDonald a écrit :

> I've been running tutorials and whatever else is available to a
> newcomer to Revolution but have become frustrated because it is all
> beyond me The daily material is all about technical stuff between
> gurus. There is nothing for the newbie. The videos are smoothly
> presented and the diction is impressive but it's all above me.
> There's a group of advanced users swapping esoteric fixes.
> I need a video turorial that simply explains how to create a data
> base of many text screens that can be called up as needed or on a
> random basis.
> How about a basic explanation of an If/Then and a Do While algorithm?
> Perhaps an explanation of how and where to locate plug-ins and how
> to use them.
> Perhaps a kindergarten section in the daily blurbs would assist
> people like me.

So Smart Software

Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62
Mobile        33 (0)6 20 74 50 86