preserve vertical white space in XML?

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Sat Jul 9 19:45:22 EDT 2005

Actually you can maintain at least some formatting by passing 'true' as
a(n undocumented)  third parameter to the revXMLText function...

put revXMLText(treeID,,true)

HTH

Terry...

> I noticed this too - the revXMLText function does not put any end of
> line delimiters between tags, though of course it preserves them with
> in node contents.
>
> For simple cases (and I think this would cover the case given),
>
> put revXMLText(treeID) into theXML
> replace "><" with ">" & cr & "<" in theXML
>
> will work.
>
> On my current project, I found it easier (and quicker in execution) to
> generate the XML in my own code, rather than using the library, though
> I still use the library for reading it back in.
>
> Mark Smith
>

> On 9 Jul 2005, at 06:50, Sivakatirswami wrote:
>
>> I always use extra line breaks in my XML docs and .XHTML docs... for
>> readability.
>>
>> But, if you create an XML Tree from one of these, transform some data
>> in a node and then
>>
>> put revXMLText(tCurrTree) into tNewFile
>>
>> to get that data back out, Rev's XML libraries have wiped out all the
>> cr's.
>>
>> What is interesting is that double cr's are preserved, singles are not

Dr Terry Judd
Lecturer in Educational Technology (Design)
Biomedical Multimedia Unit
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
The University of Melbourne
Parkville VIC 3052
AUSTRALIA