Remotes - the new, exciting alternative to Externals.

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Jul 9 18:51:35 EDT 2005

Glen Bojsza wrote:

>This is what I think would make a great Rev Scripting Conference series.

I can't see it fitting in the Scripting Conference series. AFAIK, that's
supposed to cover "introductory" material (though I've learnt a lot by
reviewing and/or attending the conferences, so introductory doesn't mean
basic).

And I just can't see "remotes" as an introductory topic. Also, I can't
see it as being interesting to a very large number of people (maybe to a
fair number of the tinkerers who are active on this list - but I think
that's a biased sample). The conference schedule already runs into
November - and I can think of quite a few more topics that ought to be
added before RR should allow a minority topic like this into the conf
schedule.

But I can see it might be a good topic to prepare more material about,
and then schedule some time to have a pre-arranged "chat" session about
it. So if Bjornke doesn't mind us hi-jacking a time slot on his chat
server, we could just pick an evening (or other time) and all get on the
chat session to talk about it.