mark cards by finding -- new insights

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri Jul 8 18:11:59 EDT 2005

Hi Tim,

First, DreamCard or Revolution: some features are different but it's
the same IDE.
As for the debugger, it's right that it needs to be debugged :-(
I think that Runrev guys are working on it because you are right: a
fabulous language without a reliable debugger is no worth.
Above all for beginners.

Le 9 juil. 05 à 00:05, Timothy Miller a écrit :

> It works fine on, for example, a simple mouseUp script in a simple
> button. However, if the button sends a message to a handler in a
> stack script (for instance), which then sends another message to
> another handler, nested or not, the debugger won't follow along.
> "Script debug mode" is definitely turned on. Step Into, etc., are
> absent and/or dimmed out, typically. Sometimes, I can see the
> script window open, several windows back, but I can't get to it
> until the script is done executing. I've tried setting multiple
> breakpoints in each handler, tried setting breakpoints by script.
> The script rolls right past them.
>
> The instructions say, "The breakpoint command has no effect unless
> the stack is running in the Revolution development environment."
> I'm using DreamCard. Does DreamCard count as the "revolution
> development environment?"

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software