fonts & styles

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri Jul 8 11:32:22 EDT 2005

Hi Charles,

Rev has a weird behaviour we discussed on this list a long time ago:
If the font is the owner's font and the size the owner's size , there
are no problem.
But once you have changed the size or the style of such a chunk, the
font of this chunk is no longer the owner's font (empty) but the
*effective* owner's font.
If I remember correctly, this is not a bug but falls within a runRev
choice that we do regret.

Le 8 juil. 05 à 17:00, Charles Hartman a écrit :

> I have fields containing a lot of text, mostly in "owner's font,"
> "plain," but with some pieces in a specified font and other pieces
> in styles bold, link, etc.
>
> When I change the owner's font (in this case, the main stack's),
> the changes in the text on the cards' fields are inconsistent.
>
> In particular, every time there's a style change (into & out of
> bold for example, link, etc), a "font" tag gets inserted, hard-
> wiring whatever the owner's font *was* at the time the text was
> edited. So the next time the owner's font changes, it affects
> everything *up to* that style change, but after that the old font
> is wired in place.
>
> I"m editing the text in the Contents pane of the Inspector. Doing
> this in the Encoded Text Picker doesn't seem to help. It must be
> behavior in the Rev engine I suppse.
>
> I'm not able to think of a way not to call this a serious bug. Is
> there a workaround?? Am I missing something basic?

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62