mark cards by finding -- a problem

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jul 7 16:31:43 EDT 2005

On 7/7/05 3:16 PM, Eric Chatonet wrote:

> Hi Timothy,
>
> Obviously you are coming from HyperCard...
> With Rev there are no "bg" fields (neither card fields) but only fields.
> Check the topics section in the docs named "Groups and Backgrounds"
> It might help you to understand how Rev handles "bgs"... which do not
> exist with Rev ;-)

Sometimes that is true, but Tim's stacks are HyperCard ports and they
have the HCAddressing set to true. That means it acts like HC and there
are background fields and card fields, as well as bg buttons and card
buttons. All HC imports act this way unless you change it.

One reason the "find" command may not be working is if the script is
refering to a bg group that isn't placed on the current card.

Tim: the best thing to do is check "the result" after using the find
command and see what it says. The cause of the error should be in there.
I've used "mark cards by finding" a lot without any problem, so there is
something else going on.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com