Setting fonts

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Jul 6 13:40:12 EDT 2005

Hi Mark and Charles,

I have had many struggles with fonts and sizes until I understood
correctly inheritance problems  and, above all, some weird behaviours
of the engine.
For instance: if you set the textFont to empty, the textSize is set
to empty too (this feature has been discussed on this list about a
year ago) and there are other rather weird features...

I can only tell you one thing: we have to be "clean" and a "certain"
steps order in a process regarding fonts and sizes has to be
respected when building a stack.
In particular, it seems that when you manipulate fields and fonts and
sizes in all directions, kinds of droppings (see previous posts about
default buttons :-) can remain.
That's not clear in the docs: so try, test and test again ;-)

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62