Setting fonts

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Wed Jul 6 08:03:39 EDT 2005

Yes, that's what I'm doing. However, as I said, the text _after_ the
specified-font text does _not_ switch to the altered owner's font.

Let me clarifiy: a field contains a dozen lines, let's say; the first
six and last four have been created using Palatino, with Palatino as
the stack font, so there's no font specification on any of those
lines. Lines 7-8 have had their Text Formatting properties altered so
their font is specified as Courier. Now in the main stack's script I
insert the line "set the textfont of me to 'Arial'" and save and
close the stack and its substacks and reopen. Now on that example
card, in that field, lines 1-6 are Arial, 7-8 are Courier (all as
expected) -- but lines 9-12 are still in Palatino.

I'm beginning to think this is a bug. I'll file a BZ on it. Any ideas
on workarounds meanwhile? That don't involve iterating over all lines
in all fields on all cards??

Charles Hartman

On Jul 6, 2005, at 2:07 AM, Eric Chatonet wrote:

> 1. Combining a specified font and a "not specified" font:
> If you have a field with no font specified (use owner's font) and
> then you set the font for some lines, for instance, to Courier New
> (selecting these lines and choosing the right font in the Text menu).
> Then when you set the textFont of the stack (by script or in the
> properties inspector), only lines which use owner's font will
> change: they will appear in the specified font but the lines
> previously set in Courier New will stay unchanged.

Charles Hartman
Professor of English, Poet in Residence
Connecticut College
charles.hartman at conncoll.edu