is within rectangle

Nicolas Cueto nicolas_cueto at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 18:29:04 EDT 2005

Hello All,

Further to my "invaders" game-making (which,
thanks to the List, is almost done), I now'd like
to check when the leading edge of one object --
its bottom, in this case -- makes contact with
the leading edge of another -- i.e., its top.

I tried:

  if loc of [A] is within the rectangle of [B]

which almost works perfectly, except [A]
can graze the periphery areas of [B] with-
out setting off the if-statement.

So, I also tried bottomLeft, bottomRight, etc,
but still no go. And I was going to try setting
the hotPoint but I've no idea about what pixel
to make hot.

Confused by relative location of objects,
Nicolas Cueto